Are you travelling to Sydney with the family over the summer and you want to know where the best beaches are to visit? We know it can be hard travelling with the family and especially with younger children. We believe that these are the best beaches to go to with the family as they are centrally located and are known for their calmer waters. Here is our list of the most family friendly beaches in Sydney.
- Coogee Beach: Coogee Beach is a great beach in Sydney that has calm surf and is family-friendly for everyone. It is a great place to spend the day and enjoy the calming scenery. It is a very popular area for its stunning scenery and local cafes near by.
- Shelly Beach: Shelly Beach is located in Manly and forms a part of Cabbage Tree Bay, a protected marine reserve in Sydney. It is a very calm area with turquoise blue, flat water. It is a great place for younger kids who wish to play in the still water.
- Balmoral Beach: This beach is an urban locality in the suburb of Mosman surrounded by local shops. It is in a bay area where the water is often very still and calm. The stretch of beach is fairly wide so you would be able to have large space to lay out and relax on the sand.
- Clovelly Beach: Clovelly is a small and tranquil beach, located the mouth of a narrow bay. It is a very trendy area to be as it also has a salt-water pool next to the bay area. It is popular for its still water and surrounding walk path around the beach.
- Bronte Beach: Bronte beach is next to Bondi Beach both beaches are connected by a 1km path alongside the beach. Bronte Beach is in a little cove area with good surf and little rock pools. The best part about Bronte Beach is the Bronte Baths on the right hand side of the beach. The Bronte Bath is a natural salt water swimming pool connected to the ocean that is perfect for relaxing and swimming in the ocean water with no waves. It is a great, calm spot to be with the kids as it is calm and shallow for swimming.