Spending Christmas at the beach has been a family tradition for many Australian families- and who can blame them! Sunny blue skies, the sound of crashing waves, salt-infused air and plenty of running space for the dog… it beats sitting at home watching The Ghost of Christmas Past.
But Christmas on the beach doesn’t always go to plan – with anything from shade shelters blowing over, to eating your Christmas ham with grains of sand.
Here are our top tips to having a Merry Christmas on the beach to help you this season:
· If you want to pitch a shade shelter, always point the opening of your tent downwind so sand doesn’t blow in. This will prevent the majority of your sand-related problems.
· Baby powder is great for removing sand. It absorbs moisture from your skin and allows for the sand to easily come off. Sprinkle it anywhere from your hands and feet to your hair. Once you try it, you won’t want to head to the beach without it. If you don’t like using baby powder or prefer using something more natural, you can also use cornstarch and it works just as well.
· A beach chair is worth the money & the effort of carrying it down to the beach. It’s so much more comfortable to sit up, out of the sand, than to be on your towel. (Unless of course you’re taking a delicious nap … but then again, this is a trip with kids, right? One can dream though!)
· Baby wipes are your friend. You can use them to wipe off your hands after a sticky round of sunscreen.
· Slip, slop, slap! You don’t want to spend the next week of your holidays treating sunburn. Apply sunscreen BEFORE you go to the beach, wear a hat and having a summery caftan will not only look fashionable but protect your skin from harsh U.V rays.
Happy Holidays! Capricosa Swimwear xox
All of our swimsuits are true to size. This means you should follow your normal sizing.
The best guide is your underwear - so what you would wear in a bra and undies is the size you order from us in tops and bottoms. For example, in you wear an 18E bra, you should order a size 18 swimsuit top from us.
If you are looking for a one piece and are in between sizes, say an 18E bra and a 20 in underpants, we recommend choosing the larger of the two sizes - so a size 20 in this case.
If you have any issues with your new swimsuit, we do 30 day refunds for full priced items and exchanges for all items - so you can swap to a size or style that is more suitable for you!