We have put together some of our favourite summer desserts to keep you feeling light as air but also blissfully scrumptious at the same time this season!
Check out our favourite summer dessert recipes and try them out for yourself.
BERRY PAVLOVA RECIPE
· 6 eggwhites
· 1 1/2 cups (315g) caster sugar
· 2 teaspoons white vinegar
· 1 tablespoon cornflour
· 300ml thickened cream
· Mixed berries, to serve
· Icing sugar mixture, to dust
1. Preheat oven to 120°C. Trace a 20cm circle onto a piece of baking paper. Line an oven tray with the baking paper.
2. Use an electric mixer to whisk the eggwhites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well until thick and glossy, and the sugar is dissolved.
3. Add the vinegar and cornflour and fold with a large metal spoon until just combined. Spoon the mixture onto the prepared tray. Using the traced circle as a guide, use a spatula or pallet knife to shape into a 20cm disc. Bake for 11?2 hours or until dry to the touch. Turn off oven and leave, with the door ajar, to cool completely.
4. Use an electric mixer to whisk cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Transfer pavlova to a serving plate. Top with cream, berries and icing sugar.
· 8 figs, halved lengthways
· 2 handfuls of seedless black grapes
· 1 tablespoon honey, plus extra to serve
· 1 teaspoon caster sugar
· 100ml limoncello (see notes)
· 1/2 cup (40g) flaked almonds
· 1 cup (240g) crème fraiche
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the figs, cut-side up, on the tray. Trim grapes into small bunches and place on the tray.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together honey, sugar and 1/4 cup (60ml) limoncello. Drizzle limoncello mixture over the fruit, and then roast for 15-20 minutes until soft and caramelised.
3. Meanwhile, scatter the almonds on a separate baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden – check regularly as the nuts can burn easily.
Combine the crème fraiche with the remaining 2 tablespoons limoncello.
4. To serve, divide limoncello crème fraiche among 4 serving plates. Top each plate with 4 fig halves and 1-2 bunches of grapes. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and drizzle with extra honey.
These will become some of your favourite summer recipes once you give them a try!